Welcome to Holland Heights
Enrollment is Open for 2023-2024 School Year!
Kids and the outdoors naturally go together. Come discover what Nature-based Education in partnership with the Outdoor Discovery Center can look like for your family!
INTERNAL TRANSFER REQUEST (Spanish)
If you live in the HPS school district , but not in the Heights neighborhood, you will need to request a transfer in order to attend Nature-based Holland Heights
What's Happening at Heights:
2023-2024 Academic Calendar
Holland Public Schools Administrators and members of the Holland Education Association have finalized the Academic Calendar for the 2023-2024 school year. Highlights of the calendar include:
- Open House | August 21
- First Day of School | August 23
- Holiday Break | December 23-January 7
- Mid-Winter Break | February 23-26
- Spring Break | April 3-7
- Tulip Time Parade - Half Day | May 9
- Last Day of School | June 4
Also included in the calendar are Early Release Days on most Wednesdays during the school year. On these days, students will be released from school 60 minutes early in order to allow teachers a better opportunity for collaborative professional development.
Summer School 2023
We'll focus on getting students ready for school in the fall (Tk and K), providing support with reading and math (grades 1-5), and keeping students on track for graduation (grades 6-11).
- June 19-August 3 (No School July 3-7)
- Monday-Thursday | 8am-12:30pm
- Free Breakfast & Lunch for students
- Transportation available for eligible families
2023-24 Student Registration
As we prepare for the start of the next school year, it's time register your student for 2023-24. This is something we ask ALL HPS families to do EVERY year.
Completing the registration lets us know your student(s) will be returning next year! It also lets you:
- Review and update household contact information
- Review and update student health information
- Request transportation 2022-2023 school year (Deadline to request bussing is August 10)
Without this information, your student can not be added to a class list for next year OR have a class schedule created for them.
It doesn't take long to update this information in your Parent Portal account - but it is so important that you do it very soon!
Get Your Orchestra Instrument for 6th-grade!
Attention parents of current 5th grade students interested in Orchestra during 6th Grade.
The Meyer Music instrument rental program will be explained:
- Thursday, May 18 at HMS | 6:30-7:15pm (make up fitting start at 6pm).
- Saturday, May 20 at HMS | 11am-12pm (make up fitting during this time).
You can even reserve the instrument at the meeting and it will be delivered to school in the fall! If your child was absent on instrument fitting day, this can be done at the meeting
Raffle to Ride in the Big Red DUTCH Wooden Shoe During a TulipTime Parade!
Purchase a raffle ticket to give a special little person in your life the chance of a lifetime!
Ride in the famous Big Red Dutch Wooden Shoe ahead of the Holland High School Marching Band as they TipToe Through The Tulips during the Tulip Time KinderParade and VolksParade.
2023 District Art Awards
Congratulations to the 10 winners of the District Art Awards.
- Yena Cho | HTS Grade 2
- Josue Olvera-Aguilera | HLA Grade 3
- Marisol Bazan | JEF Grade 4
- Kooper Schipper | WST Grade 5
- Arcelia Garza | HMS Grade 6
- Griffin Embil | HMS Grade 7
- Amaya Hallacy | HMS Grade 8
- Greta Christensen | HHS Grade 9
- Jorge Arriola-Velez | HHS Grade 11
- Alyssa Burlingame | HHS Grade 12
Artwork created by these students will be on display in the District Admin Building until next May.
Tesha Post IMPACT Award Finalist
Tesha Post has an impact at Holland Heights by connecting with families inside the building AND at community events.
Summer School 2023
Summer School at HPS is packed with fun learning activities with specific help for students in Math and Reading.
This is Me! | DHH Showcase
Our DHH students are incredibly talented! They are
See all their talents on display at Holland Middle School, Thursday, April 27, 6-8pm
HPS Podcast 4.27
This week, we introduce you to the POWER H IMPACT AWARD winners from each of our schools.
- Jeff Kordich | Holland High School
- Li Mascorro | HLA
- Karen Legg | HMS
- Corene D'Addona | West
- Nick Snarski | Jefferson
- Tesha Post | Holland Heights
Holland Middle School wins PTO Read-A-Thon
HMS Students win a visit from Polar Patrol for reading the most minutes.
- District Minutes Read: 300,646 (last year was 257, 259)
- District Donations: $28,631 (last year was $28, 416)
Support the PTO Read-A-Thon!
From supporting our teachers to funding field trips and special classroom projects, the PTO does so much for our schools. Their annual Read-A-Thon is the biggest fundraiser in the year. Please consider making a donation!
|Previous May 2023 Next|
Holiday BreakDate: May 29Calendar: Holland Heights
HTS Family End of Year Party 5:00 PM to 6:00 PMHTS Family End of Year PartyDate: Jun 2Time: 5:00 PM to 6:00 PMLocation: Holland HeightsCalendar: Holland Heights
Half DayDate: Jun 5Calendar: Holland Heights
Half Day - LAST DAYDate: Jun 6Calendar: Holland Heights
Holland Heights Elementary
856 East 12th Street
Holland, MI 49423
Staff & Teachers
- Full Day | 8:30* - 3:36
- Half Day | 8:30* - 11:35
*Please do not arrive at school earlier than 8:15
Heights Office Hours:
- 8:10am- 4:15pm | M-F (August-June)
Holland Heights Media Center
We are Here For You and your student.
Click here for mental health resources.
Volunteer at Heights:
We love when parents or guardians get involved. Make sure to fill out the district volunteer form (once each school year) and return it to the office.