KINDERGARTEN ENROLLMENT FOR 2022/2023
At HPS we Embrace, Engage, and Empower each Kindergarten student for success in an ever-changing world.
BRIGHT FUTURES BEGIN HERE
We’re glad that you’ve chosen Holland Public Schools for your child’s education.
No matter the student, Holland Public Schools offer programs that are right for them. Mathematicians and musicians. Readers, writers and robotics enthusiasts. The curious and the creative. All students find a place that fits their needs and a path that nurtures their interests. The breadth of our programming is matched only by the diversity of the students that learn, grow and succeed here.
Nature-Based Heights now open to 2nd Grade Students
HPS is teaming up with the ODC Network to provide experiences and lessons beyond the classroom to help students learn and grow. The program will focus on academic subjects in a way that helps kids make sense of the world around them. Students will experience:
- Exploration that ties core curriculum to their surroundings
- Regular visits from ODC experts
- Learning experiences at local parks and nature preserves
- Developing confidence through a love for learning
This tuition-free program will start in the Fall of 2022. All students Kindergarten thru 2nd Grade can now enroll!
Need help with enrolling a student for 2022-23 school year during the summer? Please visit our District Administration offices at 320 W. 24th
- Monday-Thursday | 8:30-4p
- Friday | 8:30-3:30p
- Call 616.494.2000
Enrollment is open for Nature-Based Heights
Holland Heights Elementary is partnering with the Outdoor Discovery Center Education Network to provide kids with a TUITION-FREE Nature-Based Learning Experience that will help them learn, read, and grow.
- Enrollment is now open for every students/families in the Holland-area.
Discover all the ways Holland Public Schools is right for you and your family!
Holland High School Open House
All incoming 9th grade students (and other prospective students) and their families are invited to explore Holland High School.
- Tuesday, May 31, 6-7:30pm
Ready to Enroll?
- If your household DOES NOT HAVE another student enrolled at HPS, and you are enrolling a new student in the district.
- If your household ALREADY HAS another student enrolled at HPS, and you are enrolling a new student in the district.
An online enrollment kiosk is available at each HPS elementary school to help you connect & complete the enrollment form. You can also request a hard-copy of the forms from your school's office.
Important Dates to Remember!
School of Choice EnrollmentDate: Jun 1 - Jun 30Calendar: HPS Enrollmenthttps://www.hollandpublicschools.org/for-parents/enroll/school-of-choice/
Ready for School Kick-Off 5:30 PM to 7:00 PMReady for School Kick-OffDate: Jun 28Time: 5:30 PM to 7:00 PMLocation: Holland West ElementaryCalendar: HPS Enrollment
Kindergarten that's Right for ME!
Students in All Day, Every Day Transitional Kindergarten (TK)
- Participate in a program that focuses on Students in literacy, social skills, and math development
- Receive a variety of appropriately designed learning experiences – inside and outside of their classroom.
- Meet every day for their full day program at Jefferson, Heights, West or HLA
- Are prepared for the rigors of traditional HPS Kindergarten the following year
Students in All Day, Every Day Kindergarten (K)
- Benefit from a strong literacy focused curriculum
- Receive in-depth instruction in reading, writing and math
- Receive hands-on experiences in social studies and science
- Enjoy weekly instruction in music, art, physical education & STEM
- Develop socially and emotionally
- Meet every day, all day at West, Heights or Jefferson
Students in All Day, Every Day Two-Way Bilingual Immersion (TWBI)
- Participate in the full day program held at Holland Language Academy
- Receive core HPS Kindergarten curriculum in Spanish in a dynamic and diverse setting, with the goal for every class to have 50% native English speakers and 50% native Spanish speakers (the defnition of TWBI)
- Participate in engaging 90/10 instruction (90% Spanish/10% English) beginning in Kindergarten, and moving to 50/50 in the upper grades
Before & After
Before you enroll your child...
Before beginning an academic year, a kindergarten student must turn 5-years-old by September 1. However, If your student turns 5 by December 1, you may be eligible for a Kindergarten Waiver. Please ask the secretary at your neighborhood elementary school for a kindergarten waiver form.
What you'll need to enroll your child:
- Proof of address. (Please bring a current bill, lease agreement or license that shows your current address.)
- Photo ID of parent or guardian enrolling the student.
- Student's birth certificate
- Immunization records
- Proof of Hearing and Vision Testing
After completing the online registration, someone from your school will contact you to arrange a time for you to drop these items off at the school.
...after you enroll your child.
Our Kindergarten Screening Process helps us make sure we’re connecting with every student’s unique learning needs. We schedule individualized screening appointments for youngsters and parents on specific dates in May.
The results provide an evaluation resource for parents and teachers to review prior to finalizing the decision about program and class placement.
Once your enrollment is completed, we will contact you with information about K-Screening. Please continue to watch the HPS Website for information about K-Screening events in May and August.
Every student enrolled in Kindergarten at Holland Public Schools earns a FREE summer scholarship to Ready For School!
At Holland Public, three neighborhood elementary schools welcome preK-5th grade students with experienced, caring teachers. Plus, the Holland Language Academy challenges TK-5th graders to explore core curriculum in a unique two-way, bilingual-immersion model.