KINDERGARTEN ENROLLMENT FOR 2021/2022
At HPS we Embrace, Engage, and Empower each Kindergarten student for success in an ever-changing world.
BRIGHT FUTURES BEGIN HERE
We’re glad that you’ve chosen Holland Public Schools for your child’s education.
No matter the student, Holland Public Schools offer programs that are right for them. Mathematicians and musicians. Readers, writers and robotics enthusiasts. The curious and the creative. All students find a place that fits their needs and a path that nurtures their interests. The breadth of our programming is matched only by the diversity of the students that learn, grow and succeed here.
Back-To-School on Tuesday, August 24!
Watch a video recording from one of our online Kindergarten Information meetings.
Ready to Enroll?
- If your household DOES NOT HAVE another student enrolled at HPS, and you are enrolling a new student in the district.
- If your household ALREADY HAS another student enrolled at HPS, and you are enrolling a new student in the district.
An online enrollment kiosk is available at each HPS elementary school to help you connect & complete the enrollment form. You can also request a hard-copy of the forms from your school's office.
Important Dates to Remember!
Kindergarten Screening Event 8:00 AM to 3:00 PMKindergarten Screening EventDate: Aug 2Time: 8:00 AM to 3:00 PMLocation: Holland West School, 500 W 24th St, Holland, MI 49423, USACalendar: HPS EnrollmentPlease make an appointment with your school's secretary for this kindergarten screening event.
Kindergarten Screening Event 2:00 PM to 7:00 PMKindergarten Screening EventDate: Aug 4Time: 2:00 PM to 7:00 PMLocation: Holland West School, 500 W 24th St, Holland, MI 49423, USACalendar: HPS EnrollmentPlease make an appointment with your school's secretary for this kindergarten screening event.
Kindergarten Screening Event 8:00 AM to 3:00 PMKindergarten Screening EventDate: Aug 5Time: 8:00 AM to 3:00 PMLocation: Holland West School, 500 W 24th St, Holland, MI 49423, USACalendar: HPS EnrollmentPlease make an appointment with your school's secretary for this kindergarten screening event.
Kindergarten that's Right for ME!
Students in All Day, Every Day Transitional Kindergarten (TK)
- Participate in a program that focuses on Students in literacy, social skills, and math development
- Receive a variety of appropriately designed learning experiences – inside and outside of their classroom.
- Meet every day for their full day program at Jefferson, Heights, West or HLA
- Are prepared for the rigors of traditional HPS Kindergarten the following year
Students in All Day, Every Day Kindergarten (K)
- Benefit from a strong literacy focused curriculum
- Receive in-depth instruction in reading, writing and math
- Receive hands-on experiences in social studies and science
- Enjoy weekly instruction in music, art, physical education & STEM
- Develop socially and emotionally
- Meet every day, all day at West, Heights or Jefferson
Students in All Day, Every Day Two-Way Bilingual Immersion (TWBI)
- Participate in the full day program held at Holland Language Academy
- Receive core HPS Kindergarten curriculum in Spanish in a dynamic and diverse setting, with the goal for every class to have 50% native English speakers and 50% native Spanish speakers (the defnition of TWBI)
- Participate in engaging 90/10 instruction (90% Spanish/10% English) beginning in Kindergarten, and moving to 50/50 in the upper grades
Before & After
Before you enroll your child...
Before beginning an academic year, a kindergarten student must turn 5-years-old by September 1. However, If your student turns 5 by December 1, you may be eligible for a Kindergarten Waiver. Please ask the secretary at your neighborhood elementary school for a kindergarten waiver form.
What you'll need to enroll your child:
- Proof of address. (Please bring a current bill, lease agreement or license that shows your current address.)
- Photo ID of parent or guardian enrolling the student.
- Student's birth certificate
- Immunization records
- Proof of Hearing and Vision Testing
After completing the online registration, someone from your school will contact you to arrange a time for you to drop these items off at the school.
...after you enroll your child.
Our Kindergarten Screening Process helps us make sure we’re connecting with every student’s unique learning needs. We schedule individualized screening appointments for youngsters and parents on specific dates in May.
The results provide an evaluation resource for parents and teachers to review prior to finalizing the decision about program and class placement.
Once your enrollment is completed, we will contact you with information about K-Screening. Please continue to watch the HPS Website for information about K-Screening events in May and August.
Ready for School is a local program that prepares children up to five years old for success in kindergarten by equipping parents and families through the integrated support of the Holland, Zeeland, and Hamilton communities.
At Holland Public, three neighborhood elementary schools welcome preK-5th grade students with experienced, caring teachers. Plus, the Holland Language Academy challenges TK-5th graders to explore core curriculum in a unique two-way, bilingual-immersion model.