Welcome to West Elementary
What's Happening at West:
Summer Resource Fair
OCSN is bringing together agencies and from all over the area for a summer sendoff. Kids activities and a familie fun!
Spring Choir Concerts
We are excited to present our spring concerts for you on May 18 & 19 at Holland West Elementary.
There will be two concerts each evening.
- 3rd grade classes at West and Heights Elementary - Wednesday, May 18, 6pm
- 5th grade classes at West and Heights Elementary - Wednesday, May 18, 7pm
- 3rd grade classes at HLA and Jefferson Elementary - Thursday, May 19, 6pm
- 5th grade classes at HLA and Jefferson Elementary - Thursday, May 19, 7pm
Instrument Fittings for Future HMS Musicians
All 5th grade students and parents interested in finding out more about the instrumental music program are invited to attend a very important meeting on May 17, 7:00PM at Holland Middle School. Contact Mr. Reikow or Mr. Grapis for more information.
Register for 2022-23 school year.
Registering your student for the 2022-2023 school year is as easy as updating/reviewing your Parent Portal account. Be sure that you update:
- Contact information
- Health information for student
- Transportation Needs for next year
This information will help us determine staffing needs for next year, make classroom assignments, build bus routes and more. Thank you for helping prepare for next school year!
Tulip Time Costume Rental - $5
- Friday, May 6 | 4-7pm at Holland Language Academy, 461 VanRaalte
- Saturday, May 7 | 9-12pm at Holland Language Academy, 461 VanRaalte
For HPS students, Grades 1-5, marching in the Kinderparade on Thursday, May 12.
Change in HPS Calendar for week of Tulip Time
Because the Tulip Time Festival has reduced the number of parades during the week, we are adjusting our schedule to better match their new parade schedule.
- Wednesday, May 11 is now a FULL DAY of school for all HPS students and Staff.
- Thursday, May 12 is a HALF DAY of school - The KinderParade is scheduled for this day.
- Friday, May 13 is now a HALF DAY of school - This is the RAIN DAY for the KinderParade. Even if it doesn't rain on Thursday, students will still have a HALF DAY of school on Friday.
All three days are FULL DAYS for HPS STAFF.
Students Celebrate Deaf History Month
Students in Ms McFarland's K class learned this poem in ASL for Deaf History Month.
ASL Interpretation for DHH Students/Families at Vocals: Live
#HPSProud of our ASL Interpreter, Kaleigh Smith for providing a way for our DHH students/families to enjoy the Vocal Dimensions show this weekend!
Parent Information Night
Tuesday March 15, 6:30pm at HMS
- Learn about CURRICULUM and CLASS SCHEDULING
- For parents of incoming 6th-grade students
National School Breakfast Week | March 7-11
National School Breakfast Week celebrates the importance of a nutritious school breakfast in fueling students for success. This year’s theme, “Take Off with School Breakfast,” reminds parents and stakeholders that a healthy school breakfast helps ensure students’ academic success in school so they can “take off” and reach their goals.
Mask-optional on all HPS Busses.
After new guidance from the CDC, students and staff will no longer be required to wear a mask while riding an HPS bus.
|Previous May 2022 Next|
Heights and West 3rd and 5th Grade Choir Concert 6:00 PM to 8:00 PMHeights and West 3rd and 5th Grade Choir ConcertDate: May 18Time: 6:00 PM to 8:00 PMLocation: at West ElementaryCalendar: West Calendar6:00pm â€“ 3rd grade performance - please arrive at 5:40pm 7:00pm â€“ 5th grade performance - please arrive at 6:40pm
Summer Resource Fair 3:15 PM to 4:30 PMSummer Resource FairDate: May 26Time: 3:15 PM to 4:30 PMLocation: West Elementary GymCalendar: West CalendarAllegan, Ottawa & Barry Migrant Resource Council Bethany Christian Services Boy Scouts of America Children's Advocacy Center Community Action House Holland Free Health Clinic Holland Police Department Holland School Nursing Program KO Cuts Michigan Department of Health & Human Services The Salvation Army Ottawa Community Schools Network
No School - Memorial DayDate: May 30Calendar: West Calendar
Half Day - All StudentsDate: Jun 6Calendar: West Calendar
Last Day | Half DayDate: Jun 7Calendar: West CalendarSee your school's calendar for details.
We are Here For You and your student.
Volunteer at West:
We love when parents or guardians get involved. Make sure to fill out the district volunteer form (once each school year) and return it to the office.