Welcome to Holland High School
Holland High News:
Power H Shop Open House
The Holland OCSN and Pathways to Potential Team is hosting an Open House for the Power H Shop on Wednesday, October 5th, from 4-6 pm. All Holland Public Families are welcome!
The Power H Shop is an initiative to support families experiencing crisis or financial hardship, by providing free household items through a dignified retail setting, and thus alleviating a family's financial hardship.
The first graduate from the Class of 2023
Congratulations to Yani Marin!! She finished her last classes at HVRT today and becomes the first member of the Class of 2023 to graduate. #HPSProud
Deaf Awareness Week - Thursday
It's Deaf Awarenss Week. The students from our DHH program want to teach you a few ASL signs you can use in a conversation today!
Deaf Awareness Week - Wednesday
Albert, Ati, and Jacob have today’s ASL words to help celebrate #DeafAwarenessWeek #HPSProud
This week, we talk with Student Senate Communications Director Eva Whiteman about all the fun plans for Homecoming 2022!
Holland High Calendar
|Previous September 2022 Next|
SPIRIT WEEK - COMFY DAYDate: Sep 26Calendar: Holland High Calendar
Picture Retake Day 8:00 AM to 3:00 PMPicture Retake DayDate: Sep 26Time: 8:00 AM to 3:00 PMCalendar: Holland High Calendar
Schedule will be shared with HHS/HEC/HVRT students.
If you purchased pictures & wish to have your picture retaken, please bring your picture packet with you to the photographer. You will need to give the packet to the photographer.
If you wish to purchase pictures, please bring your order form and money to the photographer. Order forms are in the Main Office and Student Success Office. Pictures may also be ordered online: geskusphoto.com/fallorders You will need webcode: 334ZCINHOECVA
If you are a student who needs their picture ID, please report to the photographer.
Staff - please have your picture taken if you missed the 8/26/22 session.
SPIRIT WEEK - DECADES DAYDate: Sep 27Calendar: Holland High Calendar
Senior College and Financial Aid Night 6:30 PM to 7:30 PMSenior College and Financial Aid NightDate: Sep 27Time: 6:30 PM to 7:30 PMLocation: Holland High School PACCalendar: Holland High CalendarCounselors will be on hand to help students prepare for life after High School. Information will be shared on how to apply to college or technical school, finding the right fit, entering the work-force or looking at military options.
SPIRIT WEEK - ANYTHING BUT A BACKPACK DAYDate: Sep 28Calendar: Holland High Calendar
Dance Guest Passes Due 7:30 AM to 3:30 PMDance Guest Passes DueDate: Sep 28Time: 7:30 AM to 3:30 PMCalendar: Holland High CalendarGuest passes for the homecoming dance are DUE BY 9/28/22, 3:30 P.M. to Officer Soto C1244
Homecoming dance is Saturday, October 1, 2022, 8-11:00 p.m.
SPIRIT WEEK - CLASS COLOR DAYDate: Sep 29Calendar: Holland High Calendar
SIGN-IN | SIGN OUT POLICY
If a student needs to leave school for an appointment, please use the following procedure:
- Parents/Guardians must call the 24-hour attendance line 494-2200 the night before or prior to the start of the school day, or send a note with your student to be turned into the office.
- Students are reminded to stop in the Attendance Office in the morning, during lunch, or prior to class, they need to leave to obtain a RED pass giving them permission to leave class.
- The student must sign out with the Attendance Secretary before leaving and upon returning to school. A pass will be given to allow the student back into class.
- Anyone leaving without signing out is automatically UNEXCUSED.
Following the above procedures will alleviate waiting long periods of time in the office while staff searches for a student who is in gym class or not in their assigned classrooms. Some have missed their appointments due to this issue.
HHS Virtual Tour & Orientation
Holland High School
600 VanRaalte Avenue
Holland, MI 49423
- Full Day | 7:45am-2:55pm
- Half Day | 7:45-10:50am
- 7:10am- 3:15pm | M-F (August-June)
DAILY BELL SCHEDULE (M,Tu, Th, F)
ADVISORY - (Wednesday)
Click here to see the Academic Course Descriptions
Student Parking Permit
The parking lot is the property of Holland Public Schools and parking in this lot is a privilege. In accordance with school policy and state mandates, school personnel may search cars.
Students who find it necessary to drive to school MUST park in the assigned student parking lot. Staff parking lots are prohibited from 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. All students must have their cars registered. Forms are available in the HHS office. There is a $20.00 fee for parking permits.
Students are not permitted to sit in cars or loiter in the parking lots during the school day or during any school-sponsored events. Students may lose parking privileges for doing so.
Any student driver who drives in an unsafe and reckless manner, or violates vehicle nuisance statutes, is subject to legal penalties that may include penalty points on the students' driving record. Furthermore, the student is subject to loss of driving/parking privileges on school property and may be suspended from school.
Students are totally responsible for their car no matter who they may loan it to and other situations that may occur.
- Holland High School has purchased a device called "the boot" which can be placed on the wheel of an improperly parked or non-registered car making it impossible to drive away without its removal.
- Parking in staff parking lots, the front drop-off and parking area, on the grass, in restricted places such as fire lanes, or in unmarked places at the end of rows are causes for having "the boot" placed on your vehicle. In addition, unregistered vehicles and vehicles not displaying their parking tags are subject to getting "the boot."
- There is a $10.00 fine for the first violation for vehicles that are registered. Non-registered vehicles will be charged $30 for parking violations. Penalties increase for subsequent violations.
What does DUTCH look like?
We are Here For You and your student.
Volunteer at HHS:
We love when parents or guardians get involved. Make sure to fill out the district volunteer form (once each school year) and return it to the office.