Welcome to Holland High School
Visit us on Thursday, February 16, 6-8pm
Discover why Holland Public Schools is right for you and your family.
Find your fit! There’s something for everyone here! At Holland Early College, you will earn your Associate Degree the same day you get your High School diploma.
Holland High News:
HHS SnowComing Dance
Saturday, February 18| 8-11pm | Holland Civic Center
- $15 on/before February 15
- $20 starting February 16
GUEST PASS REQUIRED FOR ALL NON-HHS STUDENTS | DUE FEB. 15 in ATHLETIC OFFICE
Baer and Whiteman named Finalists for MHSAA Scholar Athlete Award
Two Holland High School Athletes are among 120 finalists for the Michigan High School Athletic Association's Scholar-Athlete Awards for the 2022-23 school year.
- James Baer (Tennis and Swimming)
- Eva Whiteman (Swimming and Track & Field)
MLK Day Community Celebration
Monday, January 16 at the Holland Civic Center
"Why We Can't Wait!"
- Doors open at 11am
- Community Celebration 11:45am-12:45pm
- Essays and Artwork of HPS students will be featured
Thank you: City of Holland, Community Foundation Holland/Zeeland Area, Gentext Corporation, and I Am Academy
Scholarship Deadlines Approaching
Hey Seniors! Scholarship season is here at the Community Foundation of Holland/Zeeland. Applications deadlines are approaching for several scholarships!
Holland High Calendar
|Previous January 2023 Next|
Basketball-7thR Girls - VS Riley Street Middle School (Game) 4:00 PM to 7:15 PMBasketball-7thR Girls - VS Riley Street Middle School (Game)Date: Jan 30Time: 4:00 PM to 7:15 PMLocation: HOME - Holland Middle SchoolCalendar: HPS AthleticsBasketball-7thR Get more event information at http://mi.8to18.com/HollandPS/event/5000
Basketball-8thR Girls - VS Riley Street Middle School (Game) 5:15 PM to 7:15 PMBasketball-8thR Girls - VS Riley Street Middle School (Game)Date: Jan 30Time: 5:15 PM to 7:15 PMLocation: HOME - Holland Middle SchoolCalendar: HPS AthleticsBasketball-8thR Get more event information at http://mi.8to18.com/HollandPS/event/4999
Swimming-V Boys @ Mona Shores HS (Game) 6:30 PM to 8:30 PMSwimming-V Boys @ Mona Shores HS (Game)Date: Jan 30Time: 6:30 PM to 8:30 PMLocation: Away - Mona Shores HSCalendar: HPS AthleticsSwimming-V Get more event information at http://mi.8to18.com/HollandPS/event/4977
Swimming-MS Boys @ Zeeland MS (Game) 4:00 PM to 6:00 PMSwimming-MS Boys @ Zeeland MS (Game)Date: Jan 31Time: 4:00 PM to 6:00 PMLocation: Away - Zeeland West High SchoolCalendar: HPS AthleticsSwimming-MS Get more event information at http://mi.8to18.com/HollandPS/event/5058
Wrestling-MS @ Hamilton MS (Game) 4:00 PM to 6:00 PMWrestling-MS @ Hamilton MS (Game)Date: Jan 31Time: 4:00 PM to 6:00 PMLocation: Away - Hamilton MSCalendar: HPS AthleticsWrestling-MS Get more event information at http://mi.8to18.com/HollandPS/event/5048
Basketball-F Boys - VS Wayland High School (Game) 4:00 PM to 9:00 PMBasketball-F Boys - VS Wayland High School (Game)Date: Jan 31Time: 4:00 PM to 9:00 PMLocation: HOME - HHS DomeCalendar: HPS AthleticsAir Force Table - Basketball-F Get more event information at http://mi.8to18.com/HollandPS/event/4824
Basketball-JV Boys - VS Wayland High School (Game) 5:30 PM to 9:00 PMBasketball-JV Boys - VS Wayland High School (Game)Date: Jan 31Time: 5:30 PM to 9:00 PMLocation: HOME - HHS DomeCalendar: HPS AthleticsBasketball-JV Get more event information at http://mi.8to18.com/HollandPS/event/4825
SIGN-IN | SIGN OUT POLICY
If a student needs to leave school for an appointment, please use the following procedure:
- Parents/Guardians must call the 24-hour attendance line 494-2200 the night before or prior to the start of the school day, or send a note with your student to be turned into the office.
- Students are reminded to stop in the Attendance Office in the morning, during lunch, or prior to class, they need to leave to obtain a RED pass giving them permission to leave class.
- The student must sign out with the Attendance Secretary before leaving and upon returning to school. A pass will be given to allow the student back into class.
- Anyone leaving without signing out is automatically UNEXCUSED.
Following the above procedures will alleviate waiting long periods of time in the office while staff searches for a student who is in gym class or not in their assigned classrooms. Some have missed their appointments due to this issue.
HHS Virtual Tour & Orientation
Holland High School
600 VanRaalte Avenue
Holland, MI 49423
- Full Day | 7:45am-2:55pm
- Half Day | 7:45-10:50am
- 7:10am- 3:15pm | M-F (August-June)
DAILY BELL SCHEDULE (M,Tu, Th, F)
ADVISORY - (Wednesday)
Student Parking Permit
The parking lot is the property of Holland Public Schools and parking in this lot is a privilege. In accordance with school policy and state mandates, school personnel may search cars.
Students who find it necessary to drive to school MUST park in the assigned student parking lot. Staff parking lots are prohibited from 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. All students must have their cars registered. Forms are available in the HHS office. There is a $20.00 fee for parking permits.
Students are not permitted to sit in cars or loiter in the parking lots during the school day or during any school-sponsored events. Students may lose parking privileges for doing so.
Any student driver who drives in an unsafe and reckless manner, or violates vehicle nuisance statutes, is subject to legal penalties that may include penalty points on the students' driving record. Furthermore, the student is subject to loss of driving/parking privileges on school property and may be suspended from school.
Students are totally responsible for their car no matter who they may loan it to and other situations that may occur.
- Holland High School has purchased a device called "the boot" which can be placed on the wheel of an improperly parked or non-registered car making it impossible to drive away without its removal.
- Parking in staff parking lots, the front drop-off and parking area, on the grass, in restricted places such as fire lanes, or in unmarked places at the end of rows are causes for having "the boot" placed on your vehicle. In addition, unregistered vehicles and vehicles not displaying their parking tags are subject to getting "the boot."
- There is a $10.00 fine for the first violation for vehicles that are registered. Non-registered vehicles will be charged $30 for parking violations. Penalties increase for subsequent violations.
What does DUTCH look like?
We are Here For You and your student.
Volunteer at HHS:
We love when parents or guardians get involved. Make sure to fill out the district volunteer form (once each school year) and return it to the office.