HPS Nutrition Services provided more than 350,000 lunches and nearly 100,000 breakfasts to our school students as well as to local community programs this year!
Our hard-working staff of 29 employees, serving our 6 district buildings, follow all USDA nutrition guidelines for School Food Service as well as adhering to all State and Local safety regulations.
We strive to make our menus relevant to what the students enjoy eating. Some of our student favorite lunches:
- Homemade pepperoni pizza
- Asian-fusion noodle/rice bowls,
- Oven baked chicken wings
- Slow roasted maple bacon ribs - Delicious!
Back to School Meal Info
Breakfast & Lunch are available at each school. Every meal meets all USDA standards and we work hard to provide a variety of options to choose from. Thank you for choosing HPS Nutrition Services to meet the dietary needs of your student!
All students at HPS will be able to eat breakfast and lunch at NO-COST to them for the 2023-24 school year. This is a result of the Michigan State Legislature passing the Michigan School Meals Program which assists in providing funding for all public school meals.
Every family is asked to complete the Education Benefit Form (select "Apply for Benefit") which helps to provide critical funding for various programs for the entire District. If you need a paper application, please stop by your school office.
Special Dietary Needs
- If your student has special dietary needs diagnosed by a licensed physician and the Medical Statement has been completed, we will comply with the request.
- If your student does not have a disability, we will do our best to accommodate a reasonable request
Why complete the EBF if all meals are No-Cost?
Education Benefit Form –
This year, all meals are no-cost to all HPS students. However, we still need every household to fill out the Education Benefit Form. This is critical for HPS as it helps determine the amount of money our school district receives from a variety of State & Federal supplemental programs such as Title 1 A, At-Risk (31a), Title II A, E-Rate, and more.
These programs have the potential to offer supports & services for our students such as:
- Instructional Supports (staff, supplies, materials, etc.)
- Non-instructional services (counseling, social work, health services, etc.)
- Professional Learning for staff
- Parent & Community engagement supplies & activities
We kindly ask that all HPS families complete the EBF (click on "apply for benefit") as soon as possible. to ensure that additional funding for our district is available to meet the needs of every student! All information is kept 100% confidential. Thank you in advance for your help in allowing HPS to maximize the use of available State & Federal funds.
- USDA Non-Discrimination Statement
- Wellness Policy - This, and all HPS Policies, can be found at the HPS Board Docs site. Look for 8510 - WELLNESS
- Wellness Policy Parent Newsletter
- Student Charge Policy - Because all meals are No-Cost to the students, there is no need to charge any meal to an account. Ala Carte and Extra Entrees are available at the High School and can only be purchased with cash or money in their account. Click here to create an account or deposit funds. (then click "my account"
- New for the 2023-24 School Year - HPS will be participating in the new Michigan School Meals Program which means ALL STUDENTS will have access to NO-COST breakfast and lunch each school day. One of the requirements of this program is that families complete the Education Benefit Form. Please take a moment to complete this form (unless you have received a benefit letter from Nutrition Services).
Nutrition Services NEWS
This week, we're talking about "Back to School" with Superintendent Nick Cassidy.
2023-24 Student Registration
As we prepare for the start of the next school year, it's time register your student for 2023-24. This is something we ask ALL HPS families to do EVERY year.
Completing the registration lets us know your student(s) will be returning next year! It also lets you:
- Review and update household contact information
- Review and update student health information
- Request transportation 2022-2023 school year (Deadline to request bussing is August 10)
Without this information, your student can not be added to a class list for next year OR have a class schedule created for them.
Free & Reduced Price School Meal Applications
In 2023-2024, ALL students across the State of Michigan will be offered free breakfast & lunch.
- There are still benefits for the families and the district for when all families apply for free or reduced-price meals!
- Every student in the district will benefit from all families completing the application for Free & Reduced Price School Meals.
Important information for parents or guardians of student’s eligible for Free and Reduced Lunch at Holland Public Schools.
For the 2023-24 School Year, ALL STUDENTS qualify for NO-COST breakfast and lunch each school day. We ask all families to please complete the Education Benefit Form which will ensure continued Federal & State funding for our District. (Click Apply for Benefits to complete this Form - thank you!)