Non-Resident School of Choice
At HPS we Embrace, Engage, and Empower each student for success in an ever-changing world.
Bright Futures Begin Here!
The Open Enrollment Period for limited spaces begins on June 1, 2021, and ends on June 30, 2021.
- An application does not guarantee admission.
- Space and other considerations are factors.
- If the number of applicants exceeds the number of available spaces, a lottery will be conducted to establish a waiting list on July 6, 2021, in the Board Room of the Holland Public Schools District Administration Building located at 320 W. 24th Street, Holland, MI. 49423.
- All applications must be filled out completely and received at our pupil accounting office by June 30, 4:00 pm. Applications may be mailed to the District Administration Building, emailed to email@example.com, or faxed to 616-392-8225. School of Choice acceptance notification will be made the week of July 12, 2021.
- Applications for non-resident district enrollment once accepted must be completed by August 6, 2021, or enrollments are forfeited, and an individual must reapply during the next open enrollment period.
AVAILABILITY FOR SCHOOL OF CHOICE
|Holland Heights||Jefferson||West||HLA||Middle School||High School /HVRT|
|12th Grade||-||-||-||-||-||0 /0|
In addition to our core programs, Holland Public Schools invites you to learn more about:
Holland Early College: Students have the opportunity to build a permanent college transcript earning an Associate’s Degree, or up to 62 transferable credits by the end of their 13th year in partnership with Davenport University. Specific career pathways include a business or technology emphasis, pre-health emphasis (medical assisting, pre-nursing) and teacher preparation; on top of the 80+ programs available in five colleges at DU.
Holland Language Academy: A TK-5 dual language program where English-dominant and Spanish-dominant students learn core subject content and culture together in two languages. This dual language instruction continues through eighth grade at Holland Middle School with language maintenance course offerings at Holland High School.
K-8 STEM / Project Lead The Way: An enriched program of our core curriculum developing essential skills in science, technology, engineering and mathematics in a hands-on problem solving, relevant way. Project Lead The Way extends this learning into the high school with an emphasis on career pathways in engineering.
Gifted & Talented/Advanced/Honors/Advanced Placement: HPS offers a continuum of advanced and accelerated learning opportunities beginning in the 4th/5th grade through Gifted & Talented enrichment; 6-8th grade advanced classes in Math, English Language Arts and Social Studies; and a comprehensive line up of honors/advanced placement classes at Holland High School. In addition, students may also accelerate through P.A.T.H., Michigan Virtual High School, and 21f online learning opportunities.
1:1 Technology: Personal devices TK-13 where students are able to enrich classroom learning by bridging the digital divide for academic enrichment, supports, assessment and access.
Extra-Curricular Activities: A broad array of world, national, and state award winning programs in US FIRST Robotics, athletics, visual/performing arts, debate, forensics, quiz bowl, and history fair.