Welcome to Jefferson Elementary
Student Essays Celebrate Diversity and Inclusion
To celebrate African American History, fifth grade students at Jefferson participated in a writing contest sponsored by the I Am Academy. Students picked a famous African American and completed a research report including information about the impact the individual had on the world. We had four winners, each receiving a $50 gift card. Winners include Nilma Garcia Ramos, Louie Orme, Nola Wade, and Langdyn Grigg.
Spring Choir Concerts
We are excited to present our spring concerts for you on May 18 & 19 at Holland West Elementary.
There will be two concerts each evening.
- 3rd grade classes at West and Heights Elementary - Wednesday, May 18, 6pm
- 5th grade classes at West and Heights Elementary - Wednesday, May 18, 7pm
- 3rd grade classes at HLA and Jefferson Elementary - Thursday, May 19, 6pm
- 5th grade classes at HLA and Jefferson Elementary - Thursday, May 19, 7pm
View chemistry experiments, explore robotics and pick up resources to use at home.
- May 26, 5-6:45pm
Influenza Closes TK Classroom
Ms. Beckley's TK Class will be closed until Monday.
Please watch your child for signs/symptoms of Influenza. You should keep children home and avoid contact with other people if they have flu symptoms.
Instrument Fittings for Future HMS Musicians
All 5th grade students and parents interested in finding out more about the instrumental music program are invited to attend a very important meeting on May 17, 7:00PM at Holland Middle School. Contact Mr. Reikow or Mr. Grapis for more information.
Register for 2022-23 school year.
Registering your student for the 2022-2023 school year is as easy as updating/reviewing your Parent Portal account. Be sure that you update:
- Contact information
- Health information for student
- Transportation Needs for next year
This information will help us determine staffing needs for next year, make classroom assignments, build bus routes and more. Thank you for helping prepare for next school year!
Tulip Time Costume Rental - $5
- Friday, May 6 | 4-7pm at Holland Language Academy, 461 VanRaalte
- Saturday, May 7 | 9-12pm at Holland Language Academy, 461 VanRaalte
For HPS students, Grades 1-5, marching in the Kinderparade on Thursday, May 12.
Change in HPS Calendar for week of Tulip Time
Because the Tulip Time Festival has reduced the number of parades during the week, we are adjusting our schedule to better match their new parade schedule.
- Wednesday, May 11 is now a FULL DAY of school for all HPS students and Staff.
- Thursday, May 12 is a HALF DAY of school - The KinderParade is scheduled for this day.
- Friday, May 13 is now a HALF DAY of school - This is the RAIN DAY for the KinderParade. Even if it doesn't rain on Thursday, students will still have a HALF DAY of school on Friday.
All three days are FULL DAYS for HPS STAFF.
HPS Podcast 3.29
During the month of March, we celebrate Women's History Month by honoring the women who lead Holland Public Schools. This week we talk with 3rd Grade Teacher Julie Mishoe from Jefferson Elementary. Listen to the Podcast or watch the video!
Blogpost: Women Lead HPS - Lanada Avinger
During Women's History Month, HPS is honoring women who lead in the district.
Lanada Avinger is the Principal of Jefferson Elementary. Ms. Avinger reflects leadership and the impact she's having on Holland Public Schools.
|Previous May 2022 Next|
HLA and Jefferson 3rd and 5th Grade Choir Concert 6:00 PM to 8:00 PMHLA and Jefferson 3rd and 5th Grade Choir ConcertDate: May 19Time: 6:00 PM to 8:00 PMLocation: at West ElementaryCalendar: Jefferson Calendar6:00pm â€“ 3rd grade performance - please arrive at 5:40pm 7:00pm â€“ 5th grade performance - please arrive at 6:40pm
STEM Night at Jefferson 5:00 PM to 6:45 PMSTEM Night at JeffersonDate: May 26Time: 5:00 PM to 6:45 PMLocation: Jefferson Elementary School, 282 W 30th St, Holland, MI 49423, USACalendar: Jefferson CalendarView chemistry experiments, explore robotics and pick up resources to use at home.
No School - Memorial DayDate: May 30Calendar: Jefferson Calendar
Half Day - All StudentsDate: Jun 6Calendar: Jefferson Calendar
Last Day | Half DayDate: Jun 7Calendar: Jefferson CalendarSee your school's calendar for details.
282 West 30th Street
Holland, MI 49423
- Full Day | 8:30* - 3:16
- Half Day | 8:30* - 11:35
*Please do not arrive at school earlier than 8:15
Jefferson Office Hours:
- 8am- 3:35pm | M-F (August-June)
Pick Up and Drop Off Procedures
- For the safety of our students during morning drop-off time, please remember the following:
- Pull your vehicle all of the way forward to the curve (by the playground gate) to unload your student(s).
- After your student(s) has exited your vehicle, please pull forward, out of the way, so that the next car may unload.
- Students may only be dropped at the curb by the playground. Students may not be dropped off in the outer lane of the parking lot, on the street, or in the front of the building.
- Parking is NOT allowed curbside! Please park in the parking lot if you need to stay longer or get out of your car with your child. This will help keep traffic moving!
Afternoon Pick Up
- For the safety of our students during afternoon pick-up time, please remember the following:
- Transitional Kindergarten (TK) and Kindergarten students will be picked up at the West doors on VanRaalte Avenue. Door #13
- Siblings of TK and Kindergarten students will also picked up at door #13.
- 1st-5th graders will be picked up in the parking lot. There is a “drive” lane and a “pick-up” lane. Students may only be picked up at the curb, not in the “drive” lane.
- PLEASE, PLEASE, no parking in the pick up or drive lanes. We are trying to keep traffic moving quickly and safely for everyone.
- All of the siblings will be picked up at the youngest child’s waiting place. This will allow parents to only have to make one stop.
- Please do not motion students across the traffic lanes to the parking lot, or motion students into the traffic lanes to get into your vehicle. We want to keep our students safe!
We are Here For You and your student.
Volunteer at Jefferson:
We love when parents or guardians get involved. Make sure to fill out the district volunteer form (once each school year) and return it to the office.