Welcome to Jefferson Elementary
Visit us on Thursday, February 16, 5-7pm
Discover why Holland Public Schools is right for you and your family.
This great neighborhood school is strongly supported by parents and local organizations, making it a great place for students to learn!
Jefferson Watch D.O.G.S. Program
WOW! The kick-off to begin the Watch D.O.G.S (Dads Of Great Students) program at Jefferson was a huge success!!
Immediate Pre-K Opening at HPS Great Start Readiness Program
GSRP is FREE for families who qualify. We have immediate Openings at
- Jefferson Pre-K
- West Pre-K
- Natured-based Holland Heights Pre-K
Full-day classes are offered Monday through Thursday at each of HPS' K-5 buildings with a variety of family needs in mind. GSRP is a state-funded preschool program serving children who turned 4 by December 1, 2022.
MLK Day Community Celebration
Monday, January 16 at the Holland Civic Center
"Why We Can't Wait!"
- Doors open at 11am
- Community Celebration 11:45am-12:45pm
- Essays and Artwork of HPS students will be featured
Thank you: City of Holland, Community Foundation Holland/Zeeland Area, Gentext Corporation, and I Am Academy
TRAILS begins in January 2023
TRAILS will help students to see someone else's perspective, to foster compromise, to treat others kindly, and to have empathy and understanding.
Jefferson January News
Back to School in 2023
We're excited to be back in school tomorrow (Thursday, January 5) for the first time in 2023.
Jefferson is Closely Watching Flu-related Absences
We have been monitoring student attendance in our buildings over the past few days and have noticed an increase in absences due to influenza, especially at Jefferson. Jefferson has been identified as an “outbreak” due to the number of cases. At this time, we have no plans to close the building, but wanted to notify you of this status.
We also want to remind you of some precautionary measures we can take as a community to reduce the spread of illnesses.
Holiday Spirit Week
Jefferson December News
HPS Podcast 4.12
Everyone at Holland Public Schools is so thankful to be a part of the Holland Community…. this week, we talk to students at Holland Middle School and Jefferson Elementary about the other things they are thankful for!
|Previous January 2023 Next|
PBIS School Store for TK, K, 1, Simon and MorriseyDate: Feb 3Calendar: Jefferson Calendar
Student Count DayDate: Feb 8Calendar: Jefferson Calendar
PBIS School Store for 2, 3, 4, 5, DoumaDate: Feb 10Calendar: Jefferson Calendar
HMS Enrollment Info Meeting & building tour 6:00 PM to 8:00 PMHMS Enrollment Info Meeting & building tourDate: Feb 13Time: 6:00 PM to 8:00 PMCalendar: Jefferson Calendar
TK-5 ConferencesDate: Feb 15Calendar: Jefferson Calendar
Kindergarten Enrollment Open House 5:00 PM to 7:00 PMKindergarten Enrollment Open HouseDate: Feb 16Time: 5:00 PM to 7:00 PMLocation: Jefferson School 282 W 30th St, Holland, MI 49423, United StatesCalendar: Jefferson Calendar
PBIS School Store for TK, K, 1, Simon and MorriseyDate: Feb 17Calendar: Jefferson Calendar
TK-5 ConferencesDate: Feb 21Calendar: Jefferson Calendar
24 Februarythru February 27
MidWinter BreakDate: Feb 24 - Feb 27Calendar: Jefferson Calendar
Jefferson Love Reading 5:30 PM to 7:30 PMJefferson Love ReadingDate: Mar 2Time: 5:30 PM to 7:30 PMCalendar: Jefferson Calendar
282 West 30th Street
Holland, MI 49423
- Full Day | 8:30* - 3:36
- Half Day | 8:30* - 11:35
*Please do not arrive at school earlier than 8:15
Jefferson Office Hours:
- 8am- 3:35pm | M-F (August-June)
Pick Up and Drop Off Procedures
- For the safety of our students during morning drop-off time, please remember the following:
- Pull your vehicle all of the way forward to the curve (by the playground gate) to unload your student(s).
- After your student(s) has exited your vehicle, please pull forward, out of the way, so that the next car may unload.
- Students may only be dropped at the curb by the playground. Students may not be dropped off in the outer lane of the parking lot, on the street, or in the front of the building.
- Parking is NOT allowed curbside! Please park in the parking lot if you need to stay longer or get out of your car with your child. This will help keep traffic moving!
Afternoon Pick Up
- For the safety of our students during afternoon pick-up time, please remember the following:
- Transitional Kindergarten (TK) and Kindergarten students will be picked up at the West doors on VanRaalte Avenue. Door #13
- Siblings of TK and Kindergarten students will also picked up at door #13.
- 1st-5th graders will be picked up in the parking lot. There is a “drive” lane and a “pick-up” lane. Students may only be picked up at the curb, not in the “drive” lane.
- PLEASE, PLEASE, no parking in the pick up or drive lanes. We are trying to keep traffic moving quickly and safely for everyone.
- All of the siblings will be picked up at the youngest child’s waiting place. This will allow parents to only have to make one stop.
- Please do not motion students across the traffic lanes to the parking lot, or motion students into the traffic lanes to get into your vehicle. We want to keep our students safe!
We are Here For You and your student.
Volunteer at Jefferson:
We love when parents or guardians get involved. Make sure to fill out the district volunteer form (once each school year) and return it to the office.