Welcome to Jefferson Elementary
Whats Happening at Jefferson:
A special thanks to the Salvation Army and members of United Federal Credit Union for colelcting and donating school supplies to the students and teachers at Jefferson Elementary!
Bus delays for Thursday, October 21:
- #15 WST will run 15-minutes late.
HALF DAY on Thursday. NO SCHOOL on Friday.
Students will have a HALF-DAY on Thursday, October 21... and NO SCHOOL on Friday, October 22
Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with the students of Holland Public Schools.
- The Holland Football Los Dutch will host Mona Shores on Friday, October 15.
Join us for Pre-game activities and a special Halftime Show
We know you need to do drop-off and pick-up quickly, as you have other important things to do. So, we thank you for your cooperation in keeping all children safe!
Parent/Teacher conferences will be held online this year:
- Tuesday, October 12 from 4:15 - 7:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 20 from 4:15 - 7:15 p.m.
- Thursday, October 21, 12:30-3:30pm
We are encouraging parents of students at the Elementary Schools to schedule a meeting time with their teacher in advance.
Principal Avinger meets with parents to discuss what it means for Jefferson Elementary to be a Title 1 school.
Title I Parent Informational Meeting
Friday, October 1 · 6:00 – 6:15pm
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/itz-uzrz-wfs
Or dial: (US) +1 225-614-2587 PIN: 172 105 812#
The School Climate Survey is an anonymous perception-survey of student, parent, and staff in the district.
|Previous October 2021 Next|
No SchoolDate: Oct 22Calendar: Jefferson Calendar
No SchoolDate: Nov 12Calendar: Jefferson Calendar
24 Novthru Nov 28
No School - Thanksgiving BreakDate: Nov 24 - Nov 28Calendar: Jefferson Calendar
Half Day - All StudentsDate: Dec 17Calendar: Jefferson Calendar
20 Decthru Jan 2
Holiday Break 9:00 AM to 10:00 AMHoliday BreakDate: Dec 20 - Jan 2Time: 9:00 AM to 10:00 AMCalendar: Jefferson Calendar
No SchoolDate: Jan 17Calendar: Jefferson Calendar
TK-5 Conferences 4:15 PM to 7:15 PMTK-5 ConferencesDate: Feb 16Time: 4:15 PM to 7:15 PMCalendar: Jefferson Calendar
TK-5 Conferences 4:15 PM to 7:15 PMTK-5 ConferencesDate: Feb 22Time: 4:15 PM to 7:15 PMCalendar: Jefferson Calendar
282 West 30th Street
Holland, MI 49423
- Full Day | 8:30* - 3:16
- Half Day | 8:30* - 11:35
*Please do not arrive at school earlier than 8:15
Jefferson Office Hours:
- 8am- 3:35pm | M-F (August-June)
Pick Up and Drop Off Procedures
- For the safety of our students during morning drop-off time, please remember the following:
- Pull your vehicle all of the way forward to the curve (by the playground gate) to unload your student(s).
- After your student(s) has exited your vehicle, please pull forward, out of the way, so that the next car may unload.
- Students may only be dropped at the curb by the playground. Students may not be dropped off in the outer lane of the parking lot, on the street, or in the front of the building.
- Parking is NOT allowed curbside! Please park in the parking lot if you need to stay longer or get out of your car with your child. This will help keep traffic moving!
Afternoon Pick Up
- For the safety of our students during afternoon pick-up time, please remember the following:
- Transitional Kindergarten (TK) and Kindergarten students will be picked up at the West doors on VanRaalte Avenue. Door #13
- Siblings of TK and Kindergarten students will also picked up at door #13.
- 1st-5th graders will be picked up in the parking lot. There is a “drive” lane and a “pick-up” lane. Students may only be picked up at the curb, not in the “drive” lane.
- PLEASE, PLEASE, no parking in the pick up or drive lanes. We are trying to keep traffic moving quickly and safely for everyone.
- All of the siblings will be picked up at the youngest child’s waiting place. This will allow parents to only have to make one stop.
- Please do not motion students across the traffic lanes to the parking lot, or motion students into the traffic lanes to get into your vehicle. We want to keep our students safe!
We are Here For You and your student.
Volunteer at Jefferson:
We love when parents or guardians get involved. Make sure to fill out the district volunteer form (once each school year) and return it to the office.