HHS College Advisor News for Seniors
Armando Otero, HHS college advisor, is rolling out a new partnership and program to ensure all seniors have options and support when planning their life after high school. Read more for info about the partnership with GRCC and the Financial Aid support sessions.
- NEW Partnership with GRCC: Armando has partnered with Grand Rapids Community College (GRCC) to provide a great opportunity for HHS Seniors. Each Wednesday from January 25 to March 29, he will visit a 12th Grade Advisory Class and walk every student through a GRCC application. This application is free of charge, is quick and easy to complete, and opens the window to multiple career and trade opportunities. While many Seniors have applied to numerous colleges throughout the state and nation, this initiative helps ensure that all students have the option and opportunity to pursue further education and training beyond high school.
- NEW Financial Aid Support Sessions: College can be expensive, and funding is a serious conversation to have. Armando is committed to helping students and parents receive as much financial support as possible. The first and most important step is to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA must be completed to receive any financial aid. Starting Thursday, January 26, Armando will be hosting FAFSA workshops every Tuesday and Thursday until May 1st (the FAFSA deadline). Use this LINK TO SIGN UP for a session. Parents/guardians and students may attend together or individually.
We recognize navigating post-high school decisions is overwhelming, and that you may have some questions. You are not alone. We are here to help you. Reach out and let's talk.
- Armando Otero - College Adviser - email@example.com - 616-494-2236
- Sue Hemmeke or Bethany Nichols: School Counselor (A-J) - firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com - 616-494-2076
- Becky Siegel - School Counselor (K-Sa and HVRT) - firstname.lastname@example.org - 616-494-2031
- Dana Loveland - School Counselor (Sc-Z and HEC) - email@example.com - 616-494-2061