Please Be Ready for a Return to Remote Learning
We will try to avoid remote learning, but want you to be prepared for this possibility if we cannot adequately staff our classrooms.
As you may have seen, the number of positive COVID cases among HPS students and staff reached an all-time-high last week. Because of the high numbers, several classrooms in the district have already had to be closed. In some cases, students in those classes have returned to online instruction until they (and their teachers) can come back to school.
We continue to closely monitor COVID cases on a daily basis. We are committed to in-person learning and know that remote learning is not best for kids. We will avoid remote learning, but we need to be prepared for the possibility if we cannot adequately staff our classrooms.
We want you to be ready for the possibility should we have to return to remote learning. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- If classrooms or schools are closed, an announcement will be made by your teacher, principal, or the district through Remind.
- If you anticipate needing childcare should schools need to close, please start making those plan now.
- Should we be forced to close a classroom or an entire building, remote learning will continue on Google Classroom. HPS teachers have already been using Google Classroom to manage student instruction.
- As we all know, remote learning is not ideal for most students. HPS teachers want your child to succeed and are here to help! Please stay connected with your child’s teachers. You can use Remind to ask questions and address concerns.
- If schools are closed, please remind your child that participation in remote learning classes matters; attendance will be taken.
- Please stay connected and informed. The HPS website is updated almost daily with new information about COVID-19 and about what is happening in our schools. Check the site frequently. Also, watch your phone or email accounts for messages from your school or teachers via Remind.