Deaf Awareness Month at West!
Liebbe, Caydence, Aria, and the rest of the kids in the DHH program at West invite you to celebrate #DeafAwarenessMonth by learning some new words in sign language.
Related News Articles
Holland Public Schools Administrators and members of the Holland Education Association have finalized the Academic Calendar for the 2023-2024 school year. Highlights of the calendar include:
- Open House | August 21
- First Day of School | August 23
- Holiday Break | December 23-January 7
- Mid-Winter Break | February 23-26
- Spring Break | April 3-7
- Tulip Time Parade - Half Day | May 9
- Last Day of School | June 4
Also included in the calendar are Early Release Days on most Wednesdays during the school year. On these days, students will be released from school 60 minutes early in order to allow teachers a better opportunity for collaborative professional development.
We'll focus on getting students ready for school in the fall (Tk and K), providing support with reading and math (grades 1-5), and keeping students on track for graduation (grades 6-11).
- June 19-August 3 (No School July 3-7)
- Monday-Thursday | 8am-12:30pm
- Free Breakfast & Lunch for students
- Transportation available for eligible families
As we prepare for the start of the next school year, it's time register your student for 2023-24. This is something we ask ALL HPS families to do EVERY year.
Completing the registration lets us know your student(s) will be returning next year! It also lets you:
- Review and update household contact information
- Review and update student health information
- Request transportation 2022-2023 school year (Deadline to request bussing is August 10)
Without this information, your student can not be added to a class list for next year OR have a class schedule created for them.
It doesn't take long to update this information in your Parent Portal account - but it is so important that you do it very soon!
Attention parents of current 5th grade students interested in Orchestra during 6th Grade.
The Meyer Music instrument rental program will be explained:
- Thursday, May 18 at HMS | 6:30-7:15pm (make up fitting start at 6pm).
- Saturday, May 20 at HMS | 11am-12pm (make up fitting during this time).
You can even reserve the instrument at the meeting and it will be delivered to school in the fall! If your child was absent on instrument fitting day, this can be done at the meeting
In honor of staff appreciation week, we are asking families to help brighten the day of a HPS staff member by sending appreciation notes to their inboxes. Simply select a postcard to send, write a special note, and your digital message will be delivered!
HPS Students (Grades 1-5) are invited to march in the Tulip Time KinderParade on Thursday May 11. If you are planning on your child walking in the parade, they must have a costume and you must fill out this form by Monday, May 8.
Dutch Costume Rental for $5. Come pick out a costume:
- Friday, May 5, 4:30-7pm
- Saturday, May 6, 9:30am-12n
At Holland Language Academy | Van Raalte School: 461 Van Raalte Ave