Notification of Vacancy on Board of Education
Due to the early announcement of term expiration, the Holland Public Schools Board of Education is seeking a candidate to fill the board seat of Mike McKay. The newly appointed Trustee will serve from the date of appointment, anticipated to be July 1, 2022, through the certification of the general election on November 8, 2022.
HOW TO APPLY
Residents of the School District of the City of Holland interested in filling this vacancy must submit a Letter of Intent to the Superintendent at:
Holland Public Schools
Attn: Superintendent Nick Cassidy
320 W. 24th Street
Holland, MI 49423
Letters of Intent are due to the HPS District Administration Building by 4:00 p.m. on June 1, 2022.
Candidate interviews are scheduled for the week of June 13, 2022, at a Special Board of Education meeting at the District Administration Building 320 W. 24th Street.
The Appointment to fill this vacancy may be made following the interviews.
Questions can be directed to Superintendent Nick Cassidy at 616-494-2005 or email.
Letter of Intent Guidelines
Please provide the following:
- Submit a letter of intent with your full name, physical address and contact information. The letter should express your interest in filling the vacant seat.
- Attest that you are a registered voter and live within the boundary of Holland Public Schools. If you need information about the district boundary, please contact the Superintendent’s Office at 616.494.2005.
- Please answer the following questions in your letter:
- Why do you want to be a School Board member?
- What skills and abilities do you have that would serve you and the District well in your service as trustee?
- Student achievement and closing the achievement gap is a primary focus for school trustees. Please share your thoughts and ideas to continue the work already established in the district, and new ideas for increasing student performance for all students.
- What prior experiences have you had as a trustee serving on a non-profit board?
- Describe your ability to fulfill this term through the general election on to be held on November 8, 2022.
The appointee will serve through the certification of the general election on November 8, 2022. The candidate may run in the general election for the remainder of the term through December 31, 2024.
A school trustee is a public official. Please understand that as a candidate for this vacancy, the information that you submit will be made available to the general public. Your name, physical address and contact information (phone and email) may be provided to the media and the general public.
Letters of intent are due to the HPS District Administration Building by 4:00 p.m. on June 1, 2022