Board of Education Work Session
Monday, December 6, 2021, 5:30 pm | Hybrid Meeting: In person OR via Zoom
BOARD OF EDUCATION
SCHOOL DISTRICT OF THE CITY OF HOLLAND
District Administration Building
320 W. 24th Street
Holland, Michigan 49423
NOTICE OF BOARD of EDUCATION
HYBRID STUDY SESSION MEETING
The meeting is being conducted in a hybrid format. You may join in-person or via Zoom. If you are attending in person you are encouraged to bring a wireless device and ear buds to connect via Zoom. Public comments can be made in person or via Zoom. Board members may be contacted via the District website.
Monday, December 6, 2021, 5:30 p.m.
Join Zoom Meeting:
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,87484036697#,,,,,,0#,,312150# US (Chicago)
+16465588656,,87484036697#,,,,,,0#,,312150# US (New York)
Meeting ID: 874 8403 6697
Linda Falstad, Secretary to the Board
Meetings are open to the public.
Holland Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age height, weight, marital status, handicap, disability, or limited English proficiency in any of its programs of activities. Inquires regarding the District’s nondiscrimination policies should be directed to: The Deputy Superintendent, Holland Public Schools, 320 W. 24th Street, Holland, MI 49423 (616) 494-2025.
Minutes of the meetings of the Board of Education of the School District of the City of Holland are located in the principal office of the District at 320 W. 24th Street.
1. Agenda Review and Roll Call: President Meyer will welcome all participants and call the meeting to order.
o The meeting is being conducted in a hybrid format with in-person for board members and district administration and all others may attend in person or via Zoom. Public comments can be made in person or via Zoom. Board members may be contacted via the District website.
○ To join via Zoom here is the link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87484036697?pwd=TXhFMHJ6Vk1mY3FtY0E0c1k4TytHdz09
○ The process for participating during the public comment session will be completed by any interested party sending a chat to Interim Superintendent Cassidy via the chat room in the identified link above. The individual needs to submit first and last name, address, and topic for comment. Anyone from the public attending in person, provided space allows, must submit a written public comment card 30 minutes in advance of the meeting to the Board Secretary.
2. Public Comments: Public comments are limited to three minutes individually and thirty minutes total at the discretion of the presiding officer of the Board. Individuals interested in making a public comment are asked to type their full name, address, and topic into the chat feature to be recognized.
3. Office of School Improvement: Associate Superintendent McCloud will provide updates on the following:
● Results of Survey and follow-up Town Hall for ESSER-III submission
4. Finance & Property: Director Powers will provide an update on the following: (20 minutes)
● Financial reports for November 2021
● GMB contract review
● OAK contract review
● Summer Tax Collection resolution
5. Deputy Superintendent Report: Deputy Superintendent Sherwood will provide updates on the following: (10 minutes)
● Personnel/Department Report
i. Heights Property Easement
ii. Transportation Routes
● COVID Update
6. Director of Equity/Inclusion Updates: Director McZee will provide updates on the following: (10 minutes)
● WMCAT Update: Citizen’s Advisory Committee.
● Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration
7. Holland Education Foundation Report: Trustee Colburn will provide an update. (2 minutes)
8. Board Meeting Agenda Construction: Board Members will plan the agenda for the December 20, 2021 Board Meeting.
9. Superintendent Update:
● Goals and Notes from Week 1
STRATEGIC PLAN FOCUS AREAS
Holland Public Schools will provide educational excellence that meets the needs of each student in all district programs in safe, secure and predictable learning environments.
FAMILY AND COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIP GOAL:
Holland Public Schools will support and engage staff, family and community partnerships through ongoing communication, involvement and accountability that lead to student success.
FINANCE AND OPERATIONS GOAL:
Holland Public Schools will establish and implement a sustainable budget that supports district programs, building infrastructure and facility master plan.
HUMAN SERVICES GOAL:
Holland Public Schools will recruit, develop and retain team members who demonstrate a high degree of proficiency, community partners that support the vision/mission and volunteers who assist in the implementation.