10.11.21 | BOARD of EDUCATION HYBRID STUDY SESSION MEETING
This meeting is being conducted in a hybrid format. You may join in-person or via Zoom. If you are attending in person you are encouraged to bring a wireless device and ear buds to connect via Zoom. Public comments can be made in person or via Zoom. Board members may be contacted via the District website.
- Monday, October 11, 2021 | 5:30pm
BOARD OF EDUCATION
SCHOOL DISTRICT OF THE CITY OF HOLLAND
District Administration Building
320 W. 24th Street
Holland, Michigan 49423
NOTICE OF BOARD of EDUCATION
HYBRID STUDY SESSION MEETING
The meeting is being conducted in a hybrid format. You may join in-person or via Zoom. If you are attending in person you are encouraged to bring a wireless device and ear buds to connect via Zoom. Public comments can be made in person or via Zoom. Board members may be contacted via the District website.
Monday, October 11, 2021, 7:00 p.m.
Join Zoom Meeting:
Meeting ID: 874 8403 6697
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,87484036697#,,,,,,0#,,312150# US (Chicago)
+16465588656,,87484036697#,,,,,,0#,,312150# US (New York)
Meeting ID: 874 8403 6697
Linda Falstad, Secretary to the Board
Meetings are open to the public.
Holland Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age height, weight, marital status, handicap, disability, or limited English proficiency in any of its programs of activities. Inquires regarding the District’s nondiscrimination policies should be directed to: The Deputy Superintendent, Holland Public Schools, 320 W. 24th Street, Holland, MI 49423 (616) 494-2025.
Minutes of the meetings of the Board of Education of the School District of the City of Holland are located in the principal office of the District at 320 W. 24th Street.
1. Agenda Review and Roll Call: President Meyer will welcome all participants and call the meeting to order.
o The meeting is being conducted in a hybrid format with in-person for board members and district administration and all others may attend in person or via Zoom. Public comments can be made in person or via Zoom. Board members may be contacted via the District website.
○ To join via Zoom here is the link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87484036697?pwd=TXhFMHJ6Vk1mY3FtY0E0c1k4TytHdz09
○ The process for participating during the public comment session will be completed by any interested party sending a chat to Superintendent Keelean via the chat room in the identified link above. The individual needs to submit first and last name, address, and topic for comment. Anyone from the public attending in person, provided space allows, must submit a written public comment card 30 minutes in advance of the meeting to the Board Secretary.
2. Public Comments: Public comments are limited to three minutes individually and thirty minutes total at the discretion of the presiding officer of the Board. Individuals interested in making a public comment are asked to type their full name, address, and topic into the chat feature to be recognized.
3. Annual Audit Presentation: Jonathan Ringlein from the audit firm Maner Costerisan will present the results of the June 30, 2021 annual financial audit.
4. Office of Student Services: Associate Superintendent Headley-Nordman will provide updates on the following:
● General Systems Audit, Determination Report & Strand Report
5. Finance & Property: Director Powers will provide an update on the following: (10 minutes)
● Financial Reports for September 2021
● 2021 Bond Update
6. Deputy Superintendent Report: Deputy Superintendent Sherwood will provide updates on the following: (10 minutes)
● Personnel/Department Report, staffing updates
● COVID Update
7. Director of Equity/Inclusion Updates: Director McZee will provide updates on the following: (10 minutes)
● WMCAT Update: Citizen’s Advisory Committee.
● Queer and Trans 101 Training
● Grand Rapids Gold Reading Program
● Hispanic Heritage Month- Football Game
8. Holland Education Foundation Report: Trustee Colburn will provide an update. (2 minutes)
9. HEA Communications Update: Trustee McKay will provide an update on the HEA Communications meeting from September 30, 2021. (5 minutes)
10. Board Meeting Agenda Construction: Board Members will plan the agenda for the October 18, 2021 Board Meeting.
11. Superintendent Update:
● Superintendent Keelean will provide an update on her 90 Day Plan. (Student, teacher and partner meetings)
● Policy 3140 - Termination and Resignation
● COVID - Remote Plans update
● Create a Committee for Maplewood Repurpose
● Central Office team updates for administrative assistants and CLT
● “In House” Center Room update
● PK updates
● Chain of Command
● Associate Superintendent update - Hiring, Class sizes, Opportunity Thrive, Calm Classroom, & STAR/Renaissance data
● Coaching/Mentoring support for Superintendent and Principals
12. Executive Committee meeting schedule: The board will discuss the meeting schedule of the Executive Committee.
13. Meetings with Board members: The board will discuss the meetings with board members.
14. Board Meeting Start Time: The board will discuss the Board Meeting start time.
15. Superintendent’s Evaluation: The board will discuss the evaluation of the Superintendent. We have training scheduled for October 19th, 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.