Parent Teacher conferences will be held
- Tuesday October 9 (4:30 - 7:30 p.m.),
- Thursday October 11 (12:30-3:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday October 16 (5:30 - 8:30 p.m.).
Virtual Tech conferences are held in the Media Center.
Holland ViRtual Tech High School (HVRT), formerly known as VR-Tech opened in the fall of 2015 as a “School-within-a-School” alternative credit recovery school model on the campus of Holland High School.
Since the opening of the program eight years ago, nearly 400 students have graduated. HVRT operates in a redesigned business center learning environment on the main campus of Holland High School. The schedule for HVRT operates independently from the main high school campus. HVRT has its own designated staff to support students and families who make a commitment to the program. Space is limited to 50 students.
Enrollment in the program is available to students in grades 11-12 from Holland Public Schools who need a credit recovery delivery model.
HVRT helps students earn the required credits they need to complete their high school diploma. Students who successfully complete the program will receive a Holland Public Schools Diploma that meets the full requirements of the Michigan Merit Curriculum.
Graduates from this program can successfully transition into post-secondary education, training or employment opportunities. Students have the on-site ability to transfer into the traditional and comprehensive high school program at Holland High School. Students may also have the option to take required elective courses at HHS and participate in athletics based upon eligibility. Options are also available for program attendance at the Careerline Tech Center in the Ottawa Area Intermediate School District.
The HVRT full-time online program is an accredited solution for students who need an alternative to the traditional classroom environment. An individualized graduation plan (IGP) is developed with the support of a guidance counselor, teachers, and support staff that best meets the needs of each student leading to graduation.
The HVRT credit recovery program is ideal for students who struggle in a traditional classroom, have fallen behind in their work, or have missed school due to illness or life events.
Odysseyware is the online tool that is used for students to accomplish their work in a lab setting blended with direct teacher support. Lessons, assessments, and instructional tools are designed to equip learners with resources for academic success, incorporating a mix of grade-appropriate text, direct instruction videos, learning activities and games. Odysseyware lessons also integrate numerous instructional supports to address diverse learning styles and allow ongoing collaboration between learners and on-line teachers through direct instruction videos.
- Direct Instruction Videos: Odysseyware’s rich and engaging “Direct Instruction Videos” provide step-by-step guidance to assist students in the conceptual understanding of key concepts and procedural skills, impart background knowledge, place concepts into real-world context, and allow students to learn at their own pace.
- Virtual Laboratories: Math and Science Virtual Laboratories recreate and expand the traditional student laboratory experience. Fully interactive and built to encourage active learning, engagement, and the application of conceptual understanding, Virtual Labs provide a safe and interactive learning experience.
- Assessment: Embedded formative and summative assessments test student progress toward content mastery and help inform instruction.
To learn more about this program and discuss enrollment options, please contact Zack Kapla at email@example.com.
Holland ViRtual Tech High School
600 VanRaalte Avenue
Holland, MI 49423
7:45 - 3:01
7:45 - 10:55