Summer Engineering Camp
Love your STEM class?
Keep exploring over the summer with more design, electronics, and inventions!
- HPS 4th and 5th graders
- July 8-12 or July 22-26
- 8:00-3:00 Mon-Thurs, 8-12 Friday.
- Breakfast, lunch, and snack included
- Bus transportation provided from your regular bus stop. (Specific bus times will be provided at the end of the school year)
Return the signed registration and liability forms to your STEM teacher.
Holland Heights February Newsletter
A note from Mr. Derr
Please continue to encourage your child around our POWER expectations as they come to school every day. We are beginning to focus on a different letter in POWER each month. This month is P which stands for Pride. We will talk about what Pride looks like in a variety of ways. Pride in their School, Work, Family, and Behavior are the different areas we will focus on in February. We encourage you to spend time at home talking with your child about these different areas of Pride to help them better understand what Pride is and how they can demonstrate it appropriately at school and home. We know as our kids improve at demonstrating the POWER expectations at school, the better the environment will be for learning. Thank you for supporting our efforts around these POWER expectations!!
The Holland Heights 5K is back!
Mark your calendar for the 8th annual Holland Heights 5K run on April 12. Forms will be sent home with your child, so be sure to fill it out and start training for the run. Get those forms in early so we can get those Amazing T-shirts ordered. We would like this to be a family event for all ages. That means grandparents and siblings are all invited to participate. Walking is ok for this event also. It's all about getting out with the family for an evening of fun and fitness. Don't miss out!
Kindergarten Information for 2019-2020
If you have a child at home who will be eligible for Kindergarten in the fall, or know someone in the neighborhood who does, we have an event you/they might be interested in. Feb. 12 - 6:00-7:00pm - Kindergarten Information Night. Spend some time with our Amazing Kindergarten and Trnasitional Kindergarten Teachers along with the Principal.
Parent - Teacher Conferences
Please be sure to look for information coming home that will provide you with an opportunity to schedule your child's Parent-Teahcer Conference. It is very important for you to be in contact with your child's teacher during the school year to make sure we are all working together to help your child become a better learner every day. Here are the dates and times.
- Feb. 21 - 4:30-7:30
- Feb. 26 - 12:30-3:30 - school dismissed at 11:40
- Feb. 28 - 4:30-7:30
Dads Night at the HS Boys/Girls Basketball Games - Feb. 22
5:00 Dinner at Heights and then off to the games around 5:30-5:45. The Boys game begins at 6:00 followed by the Girls game. Bring your kids/family along for this fun night out. Please call the office 494-2750 or email Mr. Derr so he can plan for food and tickets to the game.
- Feb. 12 - Kindergarten Information Night 6:00-7:00
- Feb. 18 - No School - Mid winter break
- Feb. 22 - Dats Night at the Basketball Game - 5:00 Dinner at Heights, then off to the game around 5:45
Holland Heights January Newsletter
Winter Weather Reminders:
- The school building isn’t officially open until 8:10 am.
- Be sure to dress your children in their warm coats, gloves, boots, and hats when they leave home in the morning. We go outside during the day, and your child needs to be dressed for the weather. We have some donated winter weather items, so let us know if we can help.
Attendance: Absences and Tardies
The K-5 bell rings at 8:37 am, to let the kids know it’s time to line up, with class beginning at 8:40 am. It is very important for your child to be here on time every day to make sure they aren’t missing learning time. We are required to report students with excessive tardies and absences to the truancy officer. This is something that we don’t like to do, but we need your help in getting your child to school on time every day. Thanks.
Please be sure to pick up your child in the appropriate location. PreK-3 will continue to pick up out front and 4-5 will pick up in the back circle drive. Be respectful of the buses that pick up in front and back and please do not park in their spaces. Also, please do not stop or park in the street, blocking traffic, to pick up your child. For the safety of all, please park on one of the side streets and walk over to pick up your child.
Dads Night w/Mr. Derr Monday, Jan. 28 – 6:30 – 7:30 PM
Please mark your calendar for our next Dads Night w/Mr. Derr on Monday, Jan. 28 at 6:30 PM. We will spend some time having a meal and talking about how you can support your child here at school, along with planning our annual Dad’s Night at the HS Basketball game. Please call the office, 494-2750 or email Mr. Derr, if you plan to attend so we can get an idea on how much food we will need for this night.
Important Dates and Events
- Jan. 17 - Parent Participation Committee Meeting – 6:00 – 7:00 – All parents are welcome to attend this meeting to discuss how you can support Holland Heights by volunteering, helping with fundraisers, etc.
- Jan. 21 – No School – Martin Luther King Day
- Jan. 22 – Kindergarten Open House for Fall of 2019. 6-7 PM Remind your neighbors if they have children who may be entering Kindergarten next fall. Thanks.