Kindergarten Screening - Summer 2020
We can’t wait for school to start! But first, we want to get to know a little more about your child’s unique personality and learning needs. In a typical year we would meet with each student and conduct a Kindergarten Screening to learn about their skills and abilities. This year, due to COVID-19, we can’t do that. Instead, we hope to gather that information from you.
Between July 13 and July 31, we’re asking each family to complete two online questionnaires. One questionnaire looks at your child’s communication, gross motor, fine motor, and problem solving skills. The second looks more deeply at the social/emotional skills of your child. Both are important to help us determine which program, classroom, and teacher is right for you!
Here are a few things you’ll need to complete the questionnaires:
- Clothing items with buttons & zippers
BEFORE YOU START: Entering the information online won’t take long at all - most people can do it in less than 15 minutes. However, collecting the information could take longer. We’ve found that parents have an easier time collecting the information on hard-copies of the questionnaires BEFORE going to the website to enter the information. Contact Brianna, 494-2042 to have hard-copies of the questionnaire mailed to you.
Now that you have all the information to complete the assessment:
- Click here to open the assessment. ENGLISH | SPANISH
- ENTER your child’s birthdate and, if it applies to you, the number of weeks he/she was born premature.
- CHOOSE “I am screening my child today.”
- CLICK Submit.
- COMPLETE THE QUESTIONNAIRE: Use the information you collected on the hard copies of the questionnaires to complete the online screening. Pro Tip: The system times out after five minutes of inactivity and your responses are not automatically saved. So, it’s best to plan on inputting all your responses in one sitting.
- CLICK Submit when you’ve finished.
If you need assistance with this online Kindergarten screening, we want to help. Please contact Brianna or call at 494-2042.
Contact Liliana at 494-2029 for assistance in Spanish.