Kindergarten Screening - Spring/Summer 2020
Every kindergartner will be screened prior to the start of the school year which will help us better prepare every student for success in Kindergarten and beyond. We’re eager to meet you and get to know your child’s unique personality and learning needs.
Here are the tentative dates of our Kindergarten screenings
Please call for an appointment. We want to complete our screenings before August 19. Every screening takes about one hour.
- The screenings will take place at Jefferson Elementary (282 W. 30th).
- Screenings for students who are 5 years of age at the time of the screening are May 26 and May 28 from 4:30-7:30pm, and may 30 from 9:00am-12:00n.
- All other screenings happen on August 3 and 4 from 8:00-3:00pm, and on August 5 from 2:00-7:00pm.
Please schedule your appointment as soon as possible.
Contact one of the school offices shown below:
- Heights 494-2750
- Holland Language Academy 494-2600
- Jefferson 494-2500
- West 494-2350
- OR email Melissa Bosch in our Student Services Office at 494-2100.
Remember, our kindergarten screening is not a test. There are no scores or grades. The screening process helps our teachers get to know your child.
The full screening process consists of The Brigance Screener (early math, reading, & school readiness), time to play, and a parent questionnaire. At the end of your child’s one-hour screening, information about the recommended placement for Fall Kindergarten will be shared.
Kindergarten Enrollment Eligibility
All children who are 5 years old on or before September 1, 2020, are eligible for enrollment into a HPS Kindergarten program.
The parent, legal guardian, or temporary custodian of any elementary age child enrolling in a Holland public school is required to submit proof of age and required medical records to the school.
An enrollment form must be completed.
Other required documents for enrollment
- Copy of birth certificate
- Proof of residency. Please bring a current bill, lease agreement or license that shows your current address
- Photo ID of parent or guardian enrolling the student
- Current Immunization Records
- Proof of vision and hearing test
Please call Melissa Bosch at 494-2100 if you'd like more information.