Explore what our “World Ready” Kindergarten Program offers your child
We’re now enrolling for Fall 2017
You’re invited to attend one of our upcoming Kindergarten Information Hours.
THURSDAY, MARCH 2 and TUESDAY, APRIL 18
6 – 7 pm
HPS Admin Board & Training Room
320 West 24th Street (HHS campus)
Parents interested in Fall 2017 programs for their 4 and 5 year-olds are invited to come learn more about our five K-7 Schools and our ECC at Maplewood.
Parents are welcome to attend the meeting most convenient for their schedule.
These four programs will be featured at both meetings.
- GSRP Preschool
- “TK” Transitional Kindergarten
- Traditional Kindergarten
- Two Way Bilingual Spanish-English Kindergarten (TWBI)
Our HPS World Ready K program offers:
- talented & caring teachers committed to meeting your child’s unique needs as a well-rounded person and learner
- a rigorous curriculum with a strong literacy focus
- extra experiences including art, technology, PE & music
Our Kindergarten and TK Screening Process helps us make sure we’re connecting with the unique learning needs of every student. We schedule individualized screening appointments for youngsters and parents on specific dates in July and August. The results provide an excellent evaluation resource for parents and teachers to review prior to finalizing the decision about program and class placement.
At both KINDERGARTEN INFORMATION HOURS you will:
- Hear more about our Preschool, TK, & Kindergarten curriculum
- Discover the difference between Kindergarten and TK
- Have the screening process explained and have the opportunity to schedule a screening time
- Meet teachers, principals, and other HPS parents
- And Enroll – if they’re ready and bring:
- child’s birth certificate,
- child’s immunization record,
- their proof of address, and
- their photo ID or driver’s license.
Please contact Melissa if you have questions or need more information:
Melissa Bosch: (616) 494-2044 or firstname.lastname@example.org
ENROLLMENT FORMS (BELOW) to print out and complete:
(We are in the process of updating our forms with the correct dates and year.)
Enrollment Information for Kindergarten in English and in Español.
Additional information for parents of children entering kindergarten can be found at "Transition to Kindergarten Parent Guides" on the Michigan Department of Education site.