Looking Ahead: Sept. 9 - Sept. 16
Drop Off/ Pick Up Expectations
Please take a moment to read and familiarize yourself with the expectations we have in place to get every student in to school and out of school safely! We thank you for your cooperation in following these guidelines.
- Please stay in vehicles at all times
- There is parking in the East lot, but parking along the yellow curb is not allowed.
- Students should exit their cars along the curb, not the middle of the driveway, as this is very unsafe.
- Please merge every other car when exiting the pickup/ drop off line
- When in the pick up line, students may only get in their cars at the designated spot, not at the roped off area or the entrance of the driveway; this is very unsafe and can hold up traffic.
- Please remember to use the crosswalk at all times, not the middle of traffic lanes.
Thank you again for your support in keeping West safe!
After School Program
We are so excited to remind you about the program that Christ Memorial Church is extending to our 1st-5th grade students! Every Tuesday and Thursday of the week the church will provide a safe and engaging place for our students to learn life skills, group activities, and get help with homework.
Any parent or guardian who is interested in this program must apply, as spaces are limited. You may find an application in the West office. You will be expected to pick up your child promptly at 5:15pm and pay a onetime fee of $8 per student per semester. A parent or guardian must attend one of two offered mandatory meetings. This program begins September 20, so please grab an application soon.
K-7 Football Game Friday
Join us tomorrow night and cheer on our Varsity team at 7pm at the Ray and Sue Smith Stadium! All HPS students in grades K-7 will receive FREE admission with a paid adult at this game! You don’t want to miss out as the middle school band will also be performing at this game! Go Dutch!
Student Council Meeting
If you have a 6th or 7th grade student at West who is interested in joining the Student Council, there will be a meeting in room B68 with Mrs.Witters at 7:15 am on Wednesday, September 14. All middle school students who are interested in learning more about Student Council are encouraged and welcome to attend.
Keep selling!! We are doing a fantastic job turning in coupons for emojis! Remember that for every 3 items sold, when your student turns in his/her coupon, they receive another emoji!
If your student has sold a total of 8 items by Monday, September 12 we ask that they bring their coupon in for the $100 cash drawing!
All order forms are due back to school with full payment of items by Monday, September 19!
Getting back in the routine of afterschool homework can be tough after the casual days of summer break. Here are a few tips to help out:
- Play soft music in the background of the room your student is working in.
- Develop a set time in which your student knows homework completion is expected.
- Provide a healthy snack to your student while they work.
If they seem to be getting bored, give them a break. Encourage movement outside for 15 minutes and then try again. Be patient, it can be hard work sitting in a classroom for 7 hours a day and then sitting some more at home.