Enrollment and Transfers
We look forward to meeting your family and thank you for the opportunity to educate your child(ren). We know that you will be pleased with our experienced staff and high learning expectations. Parents are an important part of a child's learning experience--we encourage you to become actively involved in your neighborhood school.
Student assignments are based on home addresses (if you are unsure of your neighborhood school, please 616-494-2950 for assistance).
To enroll your child, you may stop in at your neighborhood school, or download them here:
- Enrollment Form , (Formulario de Inscripcion del Estudiante)
- Record Release Form, (Solicitud de Record de la Escuela), which gives HPS permission to get your child's records from previous schools. It is a state requirement that the birth certificate and vaccination record of your child must be presented upon enrollment.
- Health Appraisal Form for students that are entering preschool or kindergarten.
- Concussion Form (English) (Spanish ) should be filled out for all students.
- Parent Portal Sign Up
Other required documents for enrollment:
- Proof of residency. Please bring a current bill, lease agreement or license that shows your current address.
- Photo ID of parent or guardian enrolling the student.
We will again be doing a "screening" process for incoming kindergartners. The screening begins this summer. Parents are asked to call 494-2044 to set up a time for their kindergartner.
Here is the info about KINDERGARTEN SCREENING.
Our Schools 2017-18
East, West, Jefferson, Holland Heights, Holland Language Academy
K-7 Schools Boundry Map - Map
Holland Early College
Students take all classes in a largely project-based, technology-driven learning model. Here is the application form for Holland Early College. Students not currently enrolled in HPS must attach a completed K-12 enrollment form, too.
Holland Virtual Tech
At Holland High School - Credit Recovery Program Contact Tung Nguyen at 494-2200
For more information on enrolling in Holland Public Schools, please contact the Administration building at 616-494-2000
Do you live in any of the following situations?
- In a shelter
- In a motel or campground due to lack of an alternative adequate accommodation
- In a car, park abandoned building, bus, or train station
- Doubled up with people due to loss of housing or economic hardship
If so, you may qualify for certain rights and protections under the federal McKinney-Vento Act.
Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP)
Holland Public Schools enrolls children in the Great Start Readiness Program. To be eligible your child must be 4 years of age on or before September 1st of the program year attending, and the family must meet income eligibility and/or risk factors established by the State. Please download the GSRP application. (English) (Spanish) Fill out this form and return it directly to Holland ECC at Maplewood at 925 Central Ave to begin the enrollment process.
Non-Resident Enrollment-Open Enrollment Period for 2017-2018 - 2nd Semester, 2018
Holland Public Schools participates in the state's 105(c) non-resident enrollment program under the State School Aid Act [MCL 388.1705 and 388.1705c]. This allows parents who reside outside of the Holland Public Schools attendance boundaries to choose an HPS school for their child(ren) from the Ottawa, Allegan, Kent and Muskegon Intermediate School Districts.
The Open Enrollment Period for limited spaces begins on Monday, December 18, 2017 and ends on Friday, January 12, 2018. An application does not guarantee admission. Space and other considerations are factors. If the number of applicants exceeds the number of available spaces, a lottery will be conducted on January 12, 2018, in the Board Room of the Holland Public Schools District Administration Building located at 320 W. 24th Street, Holland, MI. 49423 to establish a waiting list. All applications must be filled out completely and faxed or dropped off to our pupil accounting office at the District Administration Building or faxed at 616-392-8225. Non-Resident School of Choice Application
School of Choice acceptance notification will be made the week of January 15, 2018. Once the non-resident applications have been accepted the enrollment process must be completed by January 19, 2018 or the spot(s) is/are forfeited and an individual must reapply during the next open enrollment period. See the enrollment form above. Information regarding 2018-2019 Non-Resident School of Choice will be available following 2018 Spring Break Recess.
- Families who would like to send their child(ren) to a school other than their neighborhood school may fill out an internal transfer request. The window for completing this form for the 2017-2018 2nd semester is Dec. 18-Jan 12, 2018. Individuals will be notified the week of Jan. 15, 2018 if their request has been honored. Request may not be made outside of this open enrollment internal transfer window.
- Requests will be honored based on space and availability in the school requested.Parents who transfer their students out of their neighborhood school are responsible for bringing their children to and from school.
- Once approved, internal transfer students will be grandfathered into the requested school.
Student Learner Profiles
If you would like to share your child's unique learning style with the building principal prior to the classroom assignments please fill out the appropriate form below. Please turn in the forms no later than May 1. Student Learner Profile
Kindergarten Waiver Information
The kindergarten age requirement is that students must be 5 by September 1, 2018, to enroll for kindergarten. If your resident student turns 5 by December 1, 2018, you may be eligible for a Kindergarten Waiver (K-Waiver English) (K-Waiver Spanish). Please contact your school of enrollment for additional information.