Mobile Device Fees and Costs
- Holland Public Schools will charge an annual $20 Educational Fee for the use of the chromebook and other student materials such as textbooks and lab equipment. Families that receive reduced lunch will be asked to pay a portion of this fee and families who receive free lunch will have this fee waived.
Repair and Costs
- Chromebooks that are broken or fail to work properly must be taken by the student to the HHS Technology Office in a timely manner.
- If the chromebook must be sent off for repair, a temporary replacement will be provided for the interim.
- The first incidence of damage is covered by the fee paid.
- A second incidence of damage is billable at parts and labor cost.
- If a chromebook is lost the student will need to pay full device replacement cost at the then-current price.
- If a charger is lost the student will need to pay full charger replacement cost at the then-current price.
- If a chromebook is stolen the family will need to provide police report documenting the theft to waive the replacement charge. Without a police report, the device will be considered lost and replacement cost charged to the family.